Terms Of Service and Warranty Information
MAKING A CLAIM
During the applicable warranty period, if you are concerned that the unit or item may be defective, Please call us at Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd on the number listed on the business and a technician will diagnose the problem and arrange for this to be rectified. Once the problem has been diagnosed, subject to your rights under the applicable Australian and New Zealand consumer protection laws with respect to major failures, Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd will provide you with either, repairs to the Unit or a replacement Unit. Repairs and replacement parts provided under this warranty and are provided free of charge and are warranted for the remaining portion of the original warranty period.
It is a condition of this warranty that for the operating life of the Unit:
1. The garage door is spring balanced, is operable by hand and opens and closes with no more than a maximum of 20 kg of lifting weight.
2. The garage doors and or any garage / gate motor unit is professionally maintained and serviced
by a Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd technician, at a maximum interval of every 12 months from date of install which is the purchasers responsibility to keep on top of. If your door or gate binds,
sticks, or is out of balance, then it MUST NOT be used until serviced by Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd technician. The garage door service fee
will be at the purchaser’s expense.
3. You retain your sales docket or invoice as proof of purchase, to enable you to establish the date of purchase in the
unlikely event of a warranty service being required.
WHAT IS COVERED
Turner's Garage Doors warrants to the original purchaser of the parts in question, other than remote controlled transmitters and accessories, globes and batteries, for a period of time stated on the invoice, from the date of purchase when installed by Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd technician in a residential premise with a residential specified garage door that is designed for the sole purpose of a single-family dwelling.
Turner's Garage Doors warrants that the remote controlled transmitters included with any unit are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase and all other accessories included with any unit are free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
Batteries and globes are not covered under the Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd warranty.
Travel costs incurred by Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd in either
travelling to or from your premise, These costs
will be at the purchaser’s expense.
Additional access costs incurred by Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd in
obtaining access where the unit is not readily accessible. These cost will be at
the purchaser’s expense. Additional costs incurred by Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd in shipping the faulty product back to the manufacturer will be at the purchaser's expense.
What voids the warranty if our service technician or manufacturer determines that a warranty claim has been made in respect of a failure or defect arising under or out of any exclusion detailed below such that the claim is not covered under this Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd warranty, we may, subject to your other rights and remedies as a consumer, charge you a fee to repair, replace and/or return the unit to you if needed to be taken away. This Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd warranty does not cover any failure of, or defect in, the Unit due to:
1. Non-compliance with the instructions regarding specifications, installation, operation, maintenance and testing of the Unit or of any product with which the Unit is used.
2. Any attempt by a person other than a Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd technician to repair,
dismantle, reinstall or move the Unit to another location once it has
3. Use of any copy, imitation or replica garage door remotes with your
unit other then ones provided by Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd .
4. Tampering, neglect, abuse, wear and tear, accident, electrical storm,
excessive use or conditions other than normal domestic use.
5. Problems with, or relating to, the garage door or garage door hardware, gates or gate hardware,
including but not limited to the door springs, door rollers, door
alignment or hinges.
6. Problems caused by electrical faults or replacement of batteries or light
bulbs, blown fuses, electrical surges, power surges or power strikes,
fire, flood, rain, water, lightning or storms.
7. Water or moisture ingress that causes corrosion or electrical
8. Corrosion caused by sea air if located near a waterway, beach etc.
9. Fitment to a commercial door or in a commercial operating application,
installation of a residential garage door opener in a commercial or
industrial premises other than a single-family dwelling.
10. Lack of proper maintenance, service or care of the door and unit.
11. Any unauthorised modification to the Unit.
12. Damage caused by insects, pests or other after sale damage caused
by events or accidents outside Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd reasonable control and
not arising under normal and standard operating conditions.
NB: A General Purpose Outlet (GPO) ie: power point must be supplied by the consumer as this electrical fitting does not form a part of the unit (opener).
If this Turner's Garage Doors warranty does not apply, you may have rights available to you under the Australian and New Zealand consumer protection laws.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION
1. All property and items remain the property of Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd until fully paid for.
2. A monthly late fee of upto 10% may apply if an invoice or money owing is not paid in full by the due date listed on the invoice, If this occurs the invoice due date will be extended upto a maximum time frame of 21 days and reissued. If non payment persists for more the 60 days legal action will be taken.
3. Our garage door motor warranties are sold in a 3 / 5 or 7 year package. The warranty on all our motor products are broken down below.
- 3 years warranty - 1 years on electrical and 3 years on parts from date of install
- 5 years warranty - 2 years on electrical and 5 years on parts from date of install
- 7 years warranty - 3 years on electrical and 7 years on parts from date of install
4. All other items that are not garage door motors including but not limited to Springs, Doors, Parts ect come with 12 months product warranty. This warranty covers faulty or broken items within that period unless one of the above exclusions apply.
5. All Installs and repair work has a 3 month warranty period only. Any issues relating to work Turner's Garage Doors And Gates Pty Ltd provided after the 3 month period is not covered under warranty and is the customers responsibility.